26 April 2010

The Envelope Opened

The Los Angeles Times Book Prize ceremony was held in L.A. last Friday evening, the envelope opened, and another name other than my own was announced as the winner of the best science book.  (My book, The Day We Found the Universe, was one of the five finalists.) But I'm far from disappointed, as the winner was very deserving.  Graham Farmelo was chosen for his excellent biography of the brilliant physicist Paul Dirac titled The Strangest Man. (Dirac first posited the existence of anti-matter.) I was sorry that I didn't get the opportunity to meet Graham in person.  He was unable to fly the Los Angeles for the award ceremony because he's serving on jury duty in Great Britain, where he resides.  For his sake, I hope it's an interesting case.

No comments:

Post a Comment